Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mexico City: Museum of Anthropology

So, I may be a total nerd (scratch that-- I'm pretty sure I am a total nerd), but I was so excited for the Museum of Anthropology. It's world-renowned, and they say you can take an entire week to see and read every artifact and area.

And it was amazing. We got to see a lot of really neat stuff, like the original Aztec Calendar, or, as it's technically called, The Rock of the Sun, statues, giant heads, weapons, jewelry, and TONS more!




My only complaint of that day was our tour guide. He was a super sweet guy, but he was very long-winded, which meant we only got to stop at a few of the thousands of items that caught my eye. It was only sheer loyalty to the professors, and my desire to not hurt his feelings, that I stuck with him instead of wandering off own my own, but I did certainly learn a lot. I felt good about it the next day, too, when he tried to adjust his speed. Plus, when he was threatened by another jerk tour guide guy at the Palacio de Bellas Artes, all of our group-- even the ones who had gone off-- jumped to his aide. I've been liking all our tour guides here, for the most part!

No comments:

Post a Comment