Wednesday, May 18, 2011

To Mexico TOMORROW!!!

Oh man. Oh man oh man oh man.

Tomorrow morning, I will be waking up bright and early at 3:30 AM (GROSS) to start my day and journey to Puebla! I cannot believe that it is finally here. I suppose it didn’t help that I put off packing until today, either. But it's (mostly) done! I can just hear John Denver singing in the background…

I have successfully managed to fill my suitcase and carry-on to zip-able levels, but I leave behind in my wake a masterful disaster of clothes, books, and other belongings that sadly did not make the cut. I feel like I should be hosting my own reality tv show: “I’m so sorry, beloved sweatshirt, but unfortunately, the suitcase is closed to you.”

I would be lying if I wrote that I wasn’t nervous at the moment. The cool and calm thoughts of last week have currently flown the coop. I’ve got that swirling breeze of butterflies in my stomach and throat. I’ve been fortunate enough to travel enough times that it’s not the flights or airports or buses that’s doing it, but it’s rather just the big idea that I am going out there. More on my own than I’ve ever been. I mean, I am looking forward to so many things, but I can’t kick these jitters. To summarize and quote Zefron, I suppose I am nervous but excited. How eloquent…

I’ve been reading a few books in Spanish (tending to stick with a few familiars, like Harry Potter y La Piedra Filosofal!!! Love it!) and I might review my vocab yet (maybe), so hopefully I’ll be able to speak it well enough to converse and get by.

Well. Here goes!

PS: I am glad that I WILL have cell phone use there, though!! Hoorah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment